Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in Portugal
Mukta Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in Portugal are operated in the inland village in the South of Portugal, high up in the famous Serra de Monchique mountains range, the most peaceful area on the Western Algarve.
The Retreat Centre is located in a remote area, 10 min drive from Monchique village and offers a breathtaking unspoiled view. The perfect combination to let go and express your true nature freely.
Onsite, you will find all the amenities: accommodation, food and the yoga hall.
We provide with 3 homemade vegetarian/vegan meals per day during your stay. As much as possible, we try to use fresh organic local products.
About the rooms:
- You can choose either a Twin Room with Ensuite bathroom (to share with your roommate), or Twin/Triple Room with shared bathroom with the next room(s).
- Shared rooms are mixed gender, to share with a friend joining the course or someone from the group
- We try as much as possible to accommodate you in Twin room but it also depends on the final number of participants and the availability at the time of booking.
Other facilities onsite: bedsheets, wardrobe, yoga mats, outdoor eating area, pond. Please note that the centre doesn’t allow smoking, alcoholic drinks, meat or fish on the premises.
From the Retreat Centre in Portugal, admire the sun rising on the horizon over the lush stunning mountains, breathe in the fresh pure air, trek along the numerous walking trails through the nearby forests, enjoy a feet bath in a natural pond, and let yourself relax with the sound of the birds life in a timeless atmosphere.
On your free time, you can easily take a walk to Mount Fóia, the highest point of the Algarve (902 metres), or reach the coast in 30 min car ride and enjoy the beaches, explore the marine life with lots of diving spots, or plenty of other water sports. Near the village of Monchique you can find a famous spa, called Caldas de Monchique.
Easy International Access
The Retreat Centre is easily accessible by air, rail and road:
- If you fly from outside Europe, you may land at Lisbon International Airport then take a domestic flight to Faro airport.
- If you fly from Europe, some airlines operate directly to Faro airport or will fly via Lisbon.
- Either way, Faro is located only 90 km from our centre. Once you land, you can hop on a taxi to reach us directly (it will cost around 80 Euros) or use the public bus via Portimao city.
- By rail: from Lisbon hop on a train to Faro.
- It is also accessible by car if you have time and drive through European countries or rent a car in Portugal.
Please feel free to ask us any advice regarding your travelling trip!