– Organise a supporting environment: prepare a cosy and quiet space where you feel comfortable and private
– Make yourself free from the usual distractions: close all tabs and software on your computer, switch off your phone or put it in ‘do not disturb’ mode if you attend the retreat from it.
– Inform your family/people you live with you not to interrupt you.
– Keep your schedule clear, allow yourself some peace and time for contemplation; during breaks, do any activity that makes you feel good, go for a walk in nature, be in silence, play some music, dance, bath, etc.
– Have some light food and early sleep.